Friday, January 31, 2014

Lishui, Zhejiang, China

Greetings from China!

I am living in Lishui, Zhejiang, China. Everyone tells me that Lishui is a small town, and it must be because we don't even have a Starbucks yet! The population of Lishui is 2.5 million, that's small for China. It feels like San Francisco to me; high rise buildings, crowded, lot's of traffic, ton's of stores for shopping, etc.

I like it here. The air is relatively clean and there is a lot of nature just outside the city. It's very fitting that I ended up in Lishui, it's listed as a Town of Photography, what better place for a photographer? There is an International Photography Festival held here every couple years, I am disappointed that I just missed it...I guess that means I will need to stay here for a couple more years so I can go to the next one!

Here are a few shots I took. There is a really nice waterfront park area along the river.
















2 comments:

  1. Looks very nice and comfortable

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is nice here, I really like it so far. The school I'm at is on the edge of the city, at the river, so it is quiet and peaceful, until I walk a few blocks towards downtown!

      Delete