Saturday, March 15, 2014

A Beautiful Day, Part 1.

It is Saturday, March 13th, and the weather is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL today!!

The sun is out, the birds are singing, and most importantly, I don't need to wear my down coat! The past couple of weeks has been cold, wet, rainy, foggy, freezing, etc., etc. But today, the weather is perfect!!

Once a month or so I go out with two of the high school students, Jina and Sarafin, so they can practice their English with me. It gives me the opportunity to go and explore the city, with good company. Today we went to lunch at a BBQ restaurant. The food was AMAZING and we stuffed ourselves with it! You cook your own food at the table, so you can see that everything you get is fresh. We had beef, chicken wings, lamb, pork, fish, mushrooms, corn on the cob, potatoes, lettuce, and cauliflower, plus two big bottles of Coke to share between the three of us. The total cost was 187 RMB, approximately $30.00 USD, which I think is super cheap for good food for three of us.

Here are some pictures to make you hungry...

The fish.

Pork and chicken wings in the foreground; lettuce, lamb, mushrooms, and cauliflower in the background.

This is Sarafin.

This is Jina.

They are both very sweet and fun.

Potatoes on the grill.

Chicken wings, beef, pork, and mushrooms.

Our tower of food.

My plate with beef, pork, cauliflower, and dipping sauce.

These are the ingredients you mix for your dipping sauce. There is vinegar, hot chili oil, a salt & pepper mixture, and a peanut sauce (which stayed away from me and the food, and my sauce was mixed from the bottles in the kitchen, since I'm allergic to peanuts!).

Corn and mushrooms.

I took a business card as we left, because this is going to be one of my "regular spots" for eating out. The food was so good! Mmmmm.......

No comments:

Post a Comment